Page of 1
FIRST POST
Additional way to add waypoints to your track history

Hi Steve. I don't know if anyone has suggested this before but while the ability to edit your track history is great, it's a bit clunky. Have you thought about being able to click & drag points on a map like how you can when you use the "measure distance" feature in google maps?

Cheers,

Jim.

@SVL'Aureline

PAGE 1
Page 1
Re: Additional way to add waypoints to your track history

Hi Jim,

Yes it could be easier I know. I'm planning to take a look at this in the next few days as part of a route planning feature/idea I'd like to look closer at. The problem will be identifying the places AND the dates in a simple to use way, that will work on both PCs and phones/tablets. There are significant technical limitations with tablets/phones when it comes to drag and drop that we'll need to figure a way around.

I'd really like to be able to give an option to add curved lines between points, and to show dates/times along the routes too.

Have you seen any similar functionality elsewhere (better if a web site) that we could get inspiration from?

I'll announce any updates to this and the route planning idea in the next week or two.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Steve.

Re: Additional way to add waypoints to your track history

Thanks Steve. The only one I recall is the one I mentioned - the "Measure Distance" feature in Google Maps. If you right click in the map, it's the last option in the list. The route planner in Predict Wind has a similar feature as well. I have not seen the curved line option anywhere and IMO it's not really necessary - one curve won't fit all in any case. Having the option to show/hide dates & times for waypoints would be cool.

I do think that if it were easier and more intuitive to add waypoints and update your track history, more people would maintain it - mine, for example, cuts across landmass at the south of Martinique! I look forward to seeing what can be done - good luck! :)

Best wishes,

Jim.

Page of 1
seo index

Cookies enable us to personalise your experience on our site - none of our cookies contain chocolate chips.

Tell me more